These files were recorded in August of 2000
when i'd been working on throat singing for nearly a year.
getting better, but still a long way to go. Though thanks to everyones input,
especially Steve Sklar, i
actually accomplished some ground in styles other then Kargyraa.
I've tried to organise them here by type, now it's up to you to tell me what i'm doing wrong
- kargyraa, there's actually some harmonics in it now
- steppe kargyraa, not really - but leaning that way
- kansat, kargyraa voice melody
my attempt at a piece of Charash Karaa
as arranged by Yat-Kha on their CD Dalai Beldiri
Obviously, i don't speak (or sing) Tuvan so i'm just singing gibberish
- kargyraa ezengileer, or at least nasally sounding
- more borbangnadyr, my attempt in kargyraa voice
an attempt toward sygyt.
can't really do this yet, but thought i'd give it a humbling shot for critique.
the whole enchilada
i.e. just messing around trying to incorperate a bit of everything.
back to the main Khoomei Critique page